I see Art as creative expression intended to connect.
People, ideas and experience.
THAW is a full-length play about real-time human impacts of climate change in the Arctic told through two interwoven story lines. The first is set in the present day on the ice during the spring whaling season in Utqiaġvik, Alaska. The second is a merging of mythologies about the life of Sedna, the Inuit Goddess of the Sea.
The life, kidnapping, exploitation and eventual murder of the sea goddess by her own blood provides a symbolic backdrop in which to wrestle with the reality of climate change today.
Coming Home is a full-length play about family, the wounds of the past, how we remember and the transformative nature of acceptance. The story is set in three places: an ER waiting room in real time, the space between now and the next existence, and the past.
"Where I go When I go away." Things We Haven't Said.
Edited by Erin E. Moulton. Zest Books.
Read more on this anthology here.
More of my writing is available to read
on the Projects and Reflections page.
I've been performing on stage since I was five years old.
I was Gladys in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." I remember learning how to "bite" people and that it was ok to scream as loud as I possibly could. I was a talkative and boisterous little girl offstage often being told to be quiet. This blew my mind!
Stage became a place I could feel, say and do things I was discouraged from doing or afraid to do in real life. I was hooked.
Since then, I've performed classical work, new plays, experimental theater, dance theater, period plays and in film. In addition to acting on stage, I've sang, recited poetry and supported productions backstage.
I'm most drawn to performance with a social consciousness. Performance that isn't afraid to explore the evolving boundaries between normal and bizarre. Theater that explores the infinitely perplexing nature of human emotion. Art that continually questions the nature of existence itself.
Most of my work has been with university and community organizations across the country in Alaska, Boston, Colorado, California, New Hampshire, Maine, the Republic of the Marshall Islands and Washington, DC I've performed in black box theaters, full-size auditoriums, classrooms, gymnasiums, libraries and even outdoors (including performing Shakespeare on the street!).
Selected Acting Performances
- Lucrece in The Liar by David Ives, directed by Jamie Horton
- Veronica in Writing Home, a play written and produced by Stories Without Roofs
- Anna in Closer (the play) by Patrick Marber, directed by Katie Lindsay
- Sign in Slowly written by Howard Barker, directed by Gabe Rodriguez
- The Planetarium Announcer in Biography of a Constellation by Lila Rose Kaplan, directed by Sarah Laeuchli
- Nurse Amy in White Lies, Blue Dream, a film directed by Christopher Iyavani
- Kara in Johnathan by Mary ElizaBeth Peters, directed by Danielle Peters
- Mrs. Hutchinson in The Lottery by Shirley Jackson, directed by Rachel DeTemple
Selected Voice Over Productions
- Where's the Edge of our Solar System, a NASA multimedia production
- Snapshots from the Edge of the Sun, a NASA multimedia production
- Get Ready for the Solar Eclipse, a NASA multimedia production
- WFIRST will See the Big Picture of the Universe, a NASA multimedia production
- Qargiq/The Willow Ptarmagian, a film produced by Naninaaq Productions
- On Skin Sewing, a film produced by Naninaaq Productions